Friday, May 18, 2012

Create An Accounting System in 48 Hours - Introduction

This is my project for the weekend. The idea came to me a few hours ago and it kept me up. It's already 2:00 in the morning here (Saturday) but I think the idea energized me to stay up.

The idea is fueling me up. First because I know I can do it and second because I will be doing it for fun. I know that if I was doing this for money it won't be as motivating.

By the way I will be using Visual Foxpro 7. It's because I've reached some kind of excellence with the tool. Though I haven't touched any VFP codes for a few months now, I'm still confident in using it. There was a time that I can program with VFP even with my eyes closed. Though if you are following along and you are proficient with another programming language like VB, C# or any other programming language that will be fine. Just follow how I'm doing it here. I will include diagrams and screen shots as much as possible.

I'll mostly be using mindmaps instead of flow charts. During the recent months I've been using mindmaps and fell in love with it. Particularly xmind (xmind.net). But for this project I will use a web based mind mapping tool (bubbl.us).

So now, before I start coding I'll first create a mindmap to give me a road map of the modules and functions of the simple accounting system. I'll post the link to the mindmap here right after I finish doing it. Be back in a sec..
~ 2:11 AM Saturday, May 19, 2012

(2:27 AM) I'm now done with the mindmap giving me an overview of the features that will be included in the accounting system. Here's the mindmap I created using Bubbl.us:


This mindmap will be my guide for the next 48 hours. I will design the system menu based on the items listed here and upon completion of the system I expect to fully activate all of the above features listed in this map.

No comments:

Post a Comment